Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Privacy is Dead

That should be obvious by now. Sites like zaba.com and zillow.com use only public records to serve up all kinds of private information. And now sites like Riya.com are using face recognition to identify you in a picture and one day will be able to identify you even if you're only in the background.

So I'm not fighting it anymore. Privacy is dead and I say good riddance. The best we can do is try to manage the information flow. To wit: ClaimID.com

Here's a site that allows you to:

"...track, classify, annotate, prioritize and share the information that is about you online."
I've set up a page at claimid.com/seanrainer so hopefully no one will confuse me with the felon Sean Rainer in Tennessee (I swear I've never even been to Tennessee!).


No comments: